Lima, Peru = Family (Pt.1)

As some of you may know, my nationality is Cuban & Peruvian. My dad being from Peru and my mom from Cuba. My brother and I were born in the US and have never been to either country. Well, I finally got the chance to visit Peru in October with my husband and my dad. My father always makes sure to go back home every year and this year he totally convinced us to go with him. He had always asked us prior but the timing was just off so now that we were settling into married life, there was no better time than now! I must admit, I was feeling anxious, nervous and excited all at the same time, however, I was going to visit Peru with 2 out of the 4 most important men in my life and yet I felt happy and sad. Happy because I was finally going to meet family whom I had only spoken to over the phone and sad because my brother and my son were not able to join us. I had always envisioned traveling to Peru/Cuba with my brother and son in tow because I wanted to share the experience with them but alas, my wonderful hubby put me at ease and promised we would take a family trip soon. I will hold you to that babe, you hear me!

Anyways, trust me, once I got to the airport, the feeling of excitedness(?) kicked in full force :-) As much as I would love to describe each day, there were 10, I can't. This would turn out to be a 5 page post and I am super anxious to share the photos instead :-) What I can say is I am super happy that we finally got to go and I can't wait to visit again!

I have the most wonderful Aunts and the best cousins ever that did nothing but make our stay feel like home! Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you all did for us! I love you all and miss you dearly! Until next time!

La Plaza Mayor in Lima (This is the Municipal Building of lima)
IMG_4653_WM

El Palacio del Gobierno (This is where the President of Lima resides)
IMG_4661_WM

IMG_4666_WM

The Post Office, my dad used to work here.
IMG_4671_WM

El Puente Trujillo (Trujillo Bridge which connects the city of Lima to the town of El Rimac)
IMG_4680_WM

El Rimac
IMG_4675_WM

My dad, myself, my cousin Carlos and my Aunt Elvira
DSC01417_WM

LOL...The Hubs!
DSC01420_WM

La Catedral de Lima (The Cathedral)
DSC01426_WM

DSC01356_WM

My dad's sis, Elvira!
DSC00963_WM

My dad's other sister, Esperanza!
IMG_4322_WM

My handsome dad, Julio Nelson
IMG_4321_WM

That's all folks! Until next week when I post Part 2. Cyber hugs to all

Judie

No comments: